Old 07-27-08, 12:47 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%
Default can you breastfeed while pg?

hi guys.

this is very early, but i did get a

today and i am beginning to wonder if this pg is related to my milk supply not being what it used to be.

the past week i have notice a significant drop in my milk...there are times that Lola is not satisfied after 15 mins on each breast...plus, i just dont feel "full" i thought it could be because i was not drinking enough water so i corrected that and i have yet to see a real difference.

thank you everyone.

Old 07-27-08, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

I've never personally tried to do it , but I know it can wreak havoc on your supply initally. You *can* still breastfeed though and I think what I've heard is that it does resolve itself with time.

Congrats, btw!
Thank you 3Princes!
holly302 (07-27-08)

Old 07-27-08, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

I did it for 5 months with #2. Right about then the supply went low and the pain was awful! But it did not interfere with the actual pregnancy...although my OB was against it.

If your pg is high risk, you might want to reconsider breastfeeding while pregnant...just in case.
Thank you Laurie!
holly302 (07-27-08)

Old 07-27-08, 01:02 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

You can still bf while pg. You might want to try eating oatmeal that will help increase your supply. Eat oatmeal for breakfast, eat oatmeal cookies etc. Also being pg and change the "taste" of your milk DD may need to get used to it.
Good luck and Congratulations!
Thank you Valleygirl!
holly302 (07-27-08)

Old 07-27-08, 01:43 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It can be done, it may take work on your part ie eating oatmeal is a good way to help, everytime I sat down to nurse I would eat a granola bar and it made a big differance in my supply. Talk to your DR and get there opnion if I remember correctly you were on bed rest with Lola and they might suggest don't contiune because of that but I am not sure.
Thank you MImom23!
holly302 (07-27-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools