Baby Corner

Old 03-13-05, 11:50 AM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Car seat spoof.

I am volutarily editing this post. If you wish to see what it said email or PM me and I will get it to you.

Last edited by belle81; 03-21-05 at 06:52 AM.

Old 03-13-05, 02:59 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Old 03-14-05, 08:10 AM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 2023.27%

This is not to flame you. I understand the concept and I get the sarcasm in that piece. I am also a bf'ing Mom. However, I really do not think that it is a fair comparison. A Mom who decides not to bf is not the same as a Mom who would choose not to put their child in a carseat. One has potentially deadly consequences, the other does not. (Unless you really want to stretch the argument to an extreme) I think that this puts the bf'ing Moms on a pedastal and leaves those who bottle feed as second rate Moms who would prefer that their children were not safe for their own convieience. That is not completely true. In some cases I will agree that the decision of the Mom is selfish, but in many cases that is not near the truth at all.

JMO. I think that we should be careful about pointing fingers at those who do not share the same decisions as we do. We, after all, are not perfect parents just because we bf.

Last edited by Chickie; 03-14-05 at 08:15 AM.

Old 03-14-05, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

extremley well said Amanda!!!!

Old 03-14-05, 10:45 AM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I think the point is MANY of the arguments used... are the exact same arguments used not to breastfeed. Like the fact that it is proven that kids are much healthier if they are breastfed, yet parents make the educated decision to give their child the lesser of the two. It is taking non controverial thing like car seats and making the same arguments. Which is why it is funny, to me.

There are situations where someone can't breastfeed at all.... and I support those moms 100%. And no no one is perfect in any way they parent their children.... that is true.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools