Baby Corner

Old 06-20-10, 02:45 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Chronic clog

I have one nipple pore that seems to be clogged constantly. There is always a white head/pimple-like head on it and even though ds is a great eater it doesn't always clear during a feeding. The result is a painful duct. If it is still clogged after a feed I have been gently clearing it myself and expressing milk manually until it feels better (usually the milk expresses itself once the pressure is released!)
Any advice? I tried leaving it alone for a while-the result was a super painful clogged duct.

Old 06-20-10, 03:21 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

It sounds like a milk blister, had it with #3 and it was pretty darn painful. Just keep doing what you are doing. If it gets to painful or annoying you might try talking to your dr. I read some where that they can poke it with a sterile needle. The milk gets trapped behind the skin that grew over a previously open hole. Keeping the skin "open" over the spot is what will help eventually clear it up. It took a long while for mine to go away, I am talking several weeks.
Thank you Valleygirl!
teddybear1082 (06-20-10)

Old 06-21-10, 03:29 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I read an article about this on kelly mom with I was nursing Lincoln. it says it will eventually heal after a few weeks here is the link that talks about the 2 different kinds of milk blisters.

l

Old 06-21-10, 06:08 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am not sure about milk blisters, but when I had clogged ducts my LC had me take Soy Lechtithin - 1200 mg. 3 times a day and it did help. Supposedly it lubes you up from the inside out- it is what is in cooking sprays lol! Good luck!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools