Baby Corner

Old 09-04-06, 08:15 PM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default Food advice....

Hi ladies!

I am pregnant with my first and due in 5 weeks. I am planning on breastfeeding and am looking for some advice on what I should eat and shouldn't eat. I am normally a pretty healthy eater so that won't be difficult but I've been reading that healthy foods, such as broccoli will make a baby gassy. Can you please list things that didn't agree with your baby while breastfeeding and also things that will help breastfeeding? Thanks!

Old 09-04-06, 08:52 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

The lactation consultant who did my bf class said anything is fine within reason, and you shouldn't cut out anything you would normally eat unless the baby starts to show discomfort. I think it all depends on your particular baby

Old 09-04-06, 09:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

All babies are different. My friends baby reacted to apples. I was lucky that Rhiannon didn't have a reaction to anything. In the beginning I was careful to not have too many onions or peppers as I had heard that those made babies gassy too.
I've been told oatmeal helps increase your milk supply. Cookies, bread, cereal, however you eat it! I used it once and felt it did help somewhat. Good luck!

Old 09-04-06, 09:18 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Just drink lots of water and liquids in addition to your regular diet unless your baby is colicy. If your baby is super gassy/colicy, you may have to start eliminating some foods from your diet. Just go over that bridge if and when you come to it!!

Old 09-04-06, 10:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

It really does depend on the baby. You should stick to your healthy diet and eat a variety of foods. Only eat certain things in moderation if baby reacts negatively to it. My Avery had (sometimes still does) reflux and gas and I did not stay away from healthy veggies because of it, just modified it a bit.
Good luck to you, and congrats on your pregnancy.

Latest Articles
Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

Pregnancy Loss: Don’t Suffer in Silence
Coping with a pregnancy loss is just as devastating as losing a loved one.

Should Pregnant Women Who Drink Alcohol Go to Jail?
The controversy over pregnant women drinking alcohol continues, but should they go to jail for it?

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools