Baby Corner

Old 02-03-08, 06:37 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 4.9%
Default Foods to Avoid?

i got to thinking last night that maybe there are some foods i should avoid while nursing. besides the obvious, what should i look out for? i have been eating cereal in the mornings, but i started to think that maybe the milk was bad for her. sometimes, af i feed her, she will draw her legs up and squeal and i wonder if her stomach hurts her.

also, i am not a big chocolate person, but lately i seem to really crave it. then i read online that chocolate should be avoided.

thank you!

Old 02-03-08, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I was told to avoid caffeine, which has been hard, cuz for some reason, I have still been craving chocolate like crazy...

Old 02-03-08, 07:57 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

it's different for alot of people, but common ones are:

dairy. All dairy (milk, cheese, yougert, ice cream)

and alot of the veggies: broccoli and onions being biggies.

Old 02-03-08, 09:21 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

most of the time, unless the mother has many food allergies, the foods that she eats won’t cause problems to the baby but sometimes the baby can get symptoms from it like gas, diarrhea, rashes and other symptoms.
a common one is cow’s milk and milk products. Other foods that have been known to cause problems are eggs, wheat products, citrus fruits, caffeine, chocolate, spicy foods, garlic and cucumbers
one thing that seems to give my DS gas is Peanuts and Peanut butter.
It's really hard to figure out what one your eating that is causing a problem because it could take weeks for the foods to get out of your system if you stop eating or drinking them.

Old 02-03-08, 09:45 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

crap! half the foods you mentioned are on my daily eating list.

thank you for the heads up. i will keep a closer eye on it and at least try to limit those foods, if not give them up altogether.

what do you all think about de-caf soda? i drink water or juice when thirsty, but when i have a meal, it is hard for me to drink water with it. so, i have been toying the idea of decaf soda (like sprite) is that okay?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools