Baby Corner

Old 02-03-08, 09:39 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

sure, sprite is fine.

remember, you should be drinking one full glass of water every time you nurse and on top of that, at least one full glass of water extra.

Old 02-04-08, 08:37 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I was told to avoid the following for at least a week or two and then introduce them one at a time a few days apart to "test" them:

broccoli, chocolate, dairy, spicy food, soda, cinamon, citrus, onions, peppers, cabbage and any other "gassy' foods.

DD is fine with all veggies so far and is also fine with chocolate and dairy. Spicy food upsets her a bit, but not horrbly. She is very sensitive to soda and citrus.
The reason to avoid caffeine is not for sensitivity, but rather to get the baby to sleep. If you take in a lot of caffeine, your baby may be up a lot more due to the stimulant!

Good Luck! I know it was hard for me to avoid an of the foods on the list for that long, but it was very worth it to have a real iea of what will and won't affect my dd!

Old 02-04-08, 03:50 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

It's all up to you and your baby. Marek had no aversions to anything I ate. I ate whatever I wanted, but I did continue to cut out artificial sweeteners and caffeinated beverages. That DOES NOT mean chocolate! Chocolates has very small amounts of caffeine.

Funny story - one time I went to a White Sox game with a friend and had a big tray of nachos with extra jalapenos. Probably ate about a cup of jalapenos. For the next two days, my milk was green when I pumped, and he ate it just fine. He'll probably like spicy food as much as mommy!

Old 02-04-08, 03:52 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Anything that will give you gas may affect baby.. I learned that the hard way..

The only thing that really bothered my kids were broccoli and onions..

Old 02-05-08, 09:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I had to avoid dairy for a couple months and slowly introduce it leaving milk until last. I read that it takes about 2 weeks for milk to be completely out of your milk. And I avoided all other gassey foods. Alaina was an extremely gassey baby!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools