Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

HELP!!!!!!

Reply Post New Topic

• happe2day happe2day's Avatar 06-12-07 | 05:46 PM

•  
    Okay so i started back to work last week

and have been pumping at least 3 times while at work. now i would get about 4 bags up to 6oz each but i feel that for the last couple of days my supply hasnt been the same.

is it possible that pumping is ruining my supply?

Also does sleeping on your belly ruin your supply as well?

Help me please cuz i dont want to stop breastfeeding my precious one!!!

• Janine Janine's Avatar 06-12-07 | 05:57 PM
  • Don't forget to keep up on your water now that you are back to work. I had that happen to a friend. When you get busy, it's easy to forget. As far as teh belly thing, I slept on my belly a lot while I was BFing Kim. It could be that you are more stressed now and maybe not sleeping as well.
  • Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 06-12-07 | 07:07 PM

•  
    Also, your pump cant drain you as well as your baby can so you may notice a little drop but I dont think it should be drastic. Keep up the water, eat lots of oatmeal (cereal cookies or anything else you can make oatmeal with) and you can also drink some mothers milk tea and/or take some fennugreek. Those will help boost your supply. HTH and good luck

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-12-07 | 07:39 PM
  • yes - water is so very important!!

yes, sleeping on the tummy sort of decreased my leakage/supply
    and
    yes, pumping isn't as efficient as actual nursing so it is very possible that your supply is decreasing a smidge.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-12-07 | 09:59 PM
  • I found lots of water kept my supply up when I went back to work. I've seen my supply drop since I returned to work, but it kind of coincided with the drop that happens when solids come into play (I returned when my baby was six months old).

I'm sure you'll be able to pump enough as long as you're properly hydrated and pump regularly at work.