Baby Corner

Old 09-09-08, 08:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Ladies...
Thanks so much! I only worry b/c he lost a pound when we brought him home and they kept us coming back every 2 days to check his weight. I think I'm going to call the Dr to schedule another weight check (they told me to do this if I was unsure)...I think that will make me feel better. Both the breastfeeding and pumping hurt...it is starting to subside a bit so I think it was just the initial time to get "tough".

He seems to be having plenty of wet/poopy diapers so I'll take that as a good sign that he's getting the proper amount.

I never feel any "let down" so I'm not sure if I even have enough milk. I pumped tonight for the first time in 24 hours and got even less than I usually do. I feel like the baby is coming off of the breast sooner than he was before. I know that if I don't request it from my body...my body won't produce it.

I am so stressed out...it makes me want to just go to formula, but I know how good breast milk is for him!

Old 09-10-08, 12:52 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Your doing great.

Don't stress yourself out. Drink LOTS of water and pay attention to those diapers. It sounds like your little one is getting enough milk since there are so many dirty/wet diapers.

I'm BF and can't get more than 2 oz total when I pump. Babies can get a lot more milk from nursing than we can get from a pump sometimes.

Don't worry about not feeling your let down yet. I bet as you continue to BF you'll be able to feel it. I never feel it on the side my ds is nursing on - I always feel it on the other side.

If your feeling pain when nursing I would work on your little guys latch. When I tried BF my daughter I cried everytime she latched. It was horrible. I'm BF my son now and it never hurt once (well, until recently because he bites

) He just naturally was able to latch well.

Old 09-15-08, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

I didn't know what people were talking about with the whole let down thing until my second baby, and I breastfed the first for 9 months! Mostly I only noticed it if it happened for some reason and there was no baby to nurse.
Everyone already gave you good advice. DO you have the lansinoh cream for your nipples? BF never didn't pull or tug for me, but the pump didn't hurt. Are you relaxed when you're pumping?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools