Baby Corner

Old 06-30-09, 10:57 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.14%
Question How soon after?

a cesearen section did you/ could you BF? When SIL had her twins it was several hours before she was able to see, hold or nurse her girls. They had a hard time with it and I think it was because it was so long after they were born before they had a chance to nurse. I just worry if I dont nurse right away, she might not catch on to the whole thing. I dont even know yet how I will deliver, hopefully vaginally, but I want to know your experiences with this. TIA

Old 06-30-09, 11:08 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Are you taking any childbirth or breastfeeding classes at the hospital where you will give birth? We were told to make sure we told everyone, to the point where we annoyed them, that we were breastfeeding & that we wanted to do it within the first hour after birth, sooner if possible. Some of the nurses don't listen or they take their own opinions or experiences & go off that; so we were told to make sure they all were aware of our wishes.

I am not sure of the exact time when I first tried, but I do think it may have been a little over an hour. I had thought a lactation nurse was going to come help get us started, but none came. Finally the baby-nurse asked me about it & she helped us figure it out. Even though I had done the breastfeeding class, I still wanted someone to walk me through the first time. I wish I would have spoken up sooner. You get so worried about pissing one of them off, but in reality YOU are their guest & YOU are the one that just had a baby, so don't be afraid to ask for anything!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
Keepers (06-30-09)

Old 06-30-09, 11:32 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

I am taking a bf class on the 18th. I will make sure that I voice my concerns. Thanks for your advice!

Old 06-30-09, 11:34 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I had dd via a super-dooper emergency section to the point that I was put out completely. I didn't meet her or hold her until she was about 5 hours old as I had to wake up and have my pain managed first since I didn't have a spinal or epidural "on board". I don't think we attempted to nurse until about an hour after that and we had a huge amount of trouble with it. That being said, she nursed happily by a few weeks later and she nursed exclusively until solids were introduced at 4 months. Then we nursed and supplemented with bottles until about 7 and a half months. Good luck!
Thank you teddybear1082!
Keepers (06-30-09)

Old 06-30-09, 12:05 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

I had 3 c-sections and was able to nurse all of them after a little over an hour. We had no problems with it.
Thank you savannah33!
Keepers (06-30-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools