Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

NEED REASSURANCE

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 06-14-10 | 10:13 AM
  • Yes, I felt a little guilty, but also proud b/c I personally didn't know anyone of my friends or relatives that had succesfully breastfed. They made it seem like is this awful thing they couldn't deal with and I was happy I was able to conquer it!

The fact that my supply had dwindled to really not being worth the time it took to pump probably lessened any guilt that I could have felt. And I only pumped at work & sometimes, but not often, on the weekends and it is very time-consuming & I was ready to stop. I couldn't imagine doing it exculsivly!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-14-10 | 11:01 AM
  • Don't feel bad, you did such a great job! I couldn't do it I never could pump enough out to make it matter except in the 1st 3mo or so (although now I realize I could have done things to help like drink more.)

This is a milestone for both of you!
Thank you 2babygirls!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 06-14-10 | 01:51 PM
  • I felt bittersweet about it too- there is something about being able to provide nourishment to your baby- and even though we didn't breastfeed I still felt that too.
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • klo620 07-07-10 | 11:49 PM
  • Is there a reason why you want to switch to formula? I am pro breastfeeding and would like to talk with you a little more about this if you are at all interested. You can direct email me at k13lozinto @ yahoo.com (without any spaces though), just put breastfeeding in the subject. Ill check my email a couple of times a day to see if you have emailed me.
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 07-08-10 | 12:57 PM
  • Quote de klo620
    Is there a reason why you want to switch to formula? I am pro breastfeeding and would like to talk with you a little more about this if you are at all interested. You can direct email me at k13lozinto @ yahoo.com (without any spaces though), just put breastfeeding in the subject. Ill check my email a couple of times a day to see if you have emailed me.
    I stopped for the reasons that I listed in my first post. I was tired of pumping and fighting DS away from the pump accessories the whole time. I am completely finished now. I have been for a few weeks, I turned my pump back in to the hospital and my supply has dried up.

I appreciate your interest in giving me advice.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!