Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

NEED REASSURANCE

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 06-14-10 | 10:13 AM
  • Yes, I felt a little guilty, but also proud b/c I personally didn't know anyone of my friends or relatives that had succesfully breastfed. They made it seem like is this awful thing they couldn't deal with and I was happy I was able to conquer it!

The fact that my supply had dwindled to really not being worth the time it took to pump probably lessened any guilt that I could have felt. And I only pumped at work & sometimes, but not often, on the weekends and it is very time-consuming & I was ready to stop. I couldn't imagine doing it exculsivly!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-14-10 | 11:01 AM
  • Don't feel bad, you did such a great job! I couldn't do it I never could pump enough out to make it matter except in the 1st 3mo or so (although now I realize I could have done things to help like drink more.)

This is a milestone for both of you!
Thank you 2babygirls!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 06-14-10 | 01:51 PM
  • I felt bittersweet about it too- there is something about being able to provide nourishment to your baby- and even though we didn't breastfeed I still felt that too.
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
LMB2007 (06-14-10)
  • klo620 07-07-10 | 11:49 PM
  • Is there a reason why you want to switch to formula? I am pro breastfeeding and would like to talk with you a little more about this if you are at all interested. You can direct email me at k13lozinto @ yahoo.com (without any spaces though), just put breastfeeding in the subject. Ill check my email a couple of times a day to see if you have emailed me.
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 07-08-10 | 12:57 PM
  • Quote de klo620
    Is there a reason why you want to switch to formula? I am pro breastfeeding and would like to talk with you a little more about this if you are at all interested. You can direct email me at k13lozinto @ yahoo.com (without any spaces though), just put breastfeeding in the subject. Ill check my email a couple of times a day to see if you have emailed me.
    I stopped for the reasons that I listed in my first post. I was tired of pumping and fighting DS away from the pump accessories the whole time. I am completely finished now. I have been for a few weeks, I turned my pump back in to the hospital and my supply has dried up.

I appreciate your interest in giving me advice.