Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding New to this board and I have a ?

New to this board and I have a ?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-14-05, 09:46 PM
Mommy of a toddler

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Smile

Jackie, I think that your breasts are about done growing bigger since you are so far along on your pregnancy, so you should be able to buy nursing bras for the size that you are now. You could get one size bigger just in case though.

DCnanny, There are bigger nursing bras out there. I bought mine at Motherhood Maturnity. The sizes on their bras go up pretty big, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one that fits. I believe that you can even have them order some if you can't find your size. Also they are very cheap bras and very high quality. I haven't nursed for about 5 months now and I still wear my nursing bras because they are so comfortable and much better quality then my old bras. Heck I pitched my old bras and now I wear these full time.

Old 03-14-05, 09:55 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

underwire usually causes clogged ducts...

Old 03-14-05, 09:55 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

or -- i should say... has a tendency to cause clogged ducts...

Old 03-15-05, 11:42 AM
Carly & Ty's Mommy

Thanked 27 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I was wondering why no underwire too. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of them causing clogged ducts.

Thanks for all the info ladies. I going out this weekend to see what I can find.

Old 03-15-05, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

IA - avoid the underwire. I have the need for bigger sized nursing bras and I found that the ones that are stretchy are the most comfortable. You definitely don't want anything that is too small or holds you too close or you will definitely get clogged ducts.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools