Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding Nursing in front of company

Nursing in front of company

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-21-08, 12:23 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Question Nursing in front of company

Do you nurse in front of visitor's in your home?

I had some maintenance people in my apartment today replacing the AC unit. There is no way I would nurse in front of them, so I ended up going to the bedroom and closing the door. I trusted the guy just based on conversations we had while he was here, but I wasn't thrilled about leaving a stranger in my house unattended. I would feel REALLY weird about nursing right there in the same room as him though. Maybe in a bigger house it wouldn't be so akward in that circumstance.

Old 05-21-08, 12:27 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 98.78%

I always cover up, but I've nursed in front of tons of people, mom, dad, brother, mike's mom and dad, mike's stepmom, mike's sister and brother in law, my brother, my best friend and her husband and three kids (talk about giving them a life lesson haha!), several people... I never thought I'd feel comfortable doing it but as long as I don't expose myself, I'm totally cool with it!

Old 05-21-08, 12:30 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I nurse in front of family and friends too Brandi. I'm totally comfortable as long as I use my blanket. Preston doesn't nurse nearly as well when he's covered up, but we get by.

Old 05-21-08, 12:31 AM
is sad
Community Member

Thanked 144 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

i nurse just about anywhere. i don't even cover up! in my house, though, i think i've gone into the next room when we had someone in replacing wallpaper.

Old 05-21-08, 07:34 AM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I've got a nursing cover for when there are other people around... I don't always use it though. I bring it to my mom's because I think my dad gets a bit uncomfortable.

My inlaws don't care much so I don't bother covering up there. And there are a few nursing rooms at the mall so when we're out and she needs to eat I just go there.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools