Baby Corner

Old 01-08-07, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Red face Oh Man part2

I had thought he went back to a normal 2 hour nursing the other day, but nope. He's back to once an hour! Maybe an hour and a half, but mostly it's an hour! I am exhausted. He's sucking the life out of me - literally it seems! LOL! How long do these growth spurts last? And I should definitely feed him when he wants it right? Not try to hold him off to get it closer to the 2 hour mark? Ugh! I have been so tempted to give him a paci, but have held strong

. Shawn even told me to just give him a bottle, but I can't make myself do it. I hate to ruin what we have going, but jeeze, I have a 20 month old all day, an 8 year old coming home shortly with homework, dinner to cook, I still have several undone cleaning tasks from today, and I want to go to the hospital to see my cousins new (3 hour old) baby tonight.

I'm exhausted!

on a funny note! Dewey just walked in here with my boppy and his Baby Tad leap frog doll!! LOL!! I guess he's nursing?

Old 01-08-07, 03:21 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I nursed on demand for 13 months.. There were times where he ate every hour on the hour, literally, during a growth spurt..

it shouldn't last too long..

Keep up thwe good work.. you are really doing great!

Old 01-08-07, 03:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I forget how long they last but wouldn't be surprised that they last more than a day. I nursed Rhiannon on demand until my milk dried up from getting pg.

Old 01-08-07, 03:50 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

It's usually only 1-2 days. Keep the faith!

Old 01-10-07, 12:28 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

My kids' spurts lasted about a week each, so I'm guessing that it varies in length. Keep hanging in there---you're giving Gus and unmatched gift by nursing! You're a great Mommy!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools