Baby Corner

Old 05-31-05, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default One feed down and one to go!

My Mom was here last week and she absolutely put her foot down on Mia's nightly "nummy nummy". She wants me to be able to start the Enbrel so much and she worries about me - too much. She told Mia there will be no more night night nummy nummy...

Mia cried a little the first night, and more the second night... It was SO hard for me. I picked her up out of her crib the second night and she fell asleep trying to suck my arm...

Talk about heart wrenching...

But it's been about 5 nights now and she's not demanding that feeding anymore!

We nurse first thing in the morning and that's it. I'm filled with fear, because I won't be having anymore children and to think I will never nurse again is really upsetting to me, but I know that this does have to end at some point.

I HATE weaning - it's SO hard.. Enjoy every moment, ladies!

Old 05-31-05, 01:00 PM
Mom to 3 (7,5,3)

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is sad.

I know alot of women do the extended bfing, but what your describing is why I try to cut it off at around 12 months. Granted, they are still attached, but I would think it would much less than when they are 2.

It is hard to wean, and Keagan is our last, so I understand not nursing ever again.

Old 05-31-05, 01:31 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I know what you mean as DS wean him self after we had to start suplimenting him and I hated it.... Now just waiting for this little one to get here so i can give it a go with her and hope she does well, cuz i am not going to give up as easy as i did with DS, I know you need Mia to wean so you can get some ease it will be bittersweet.

Old 05-31-05, 01:40 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Oh, what a rough road, Trac!

Hang in there! You're doing the right thing for both of you. Mia needs a healthy mommy.

Old 05-31-05, 03:04 PM
Proudly South African mom

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

A

I know what you mean. I am so scared of Shaelyn self-weaning like Tristan did that I think I am half to blame for her poor night sleeping because I want her to carry on nursing so much!
I hope that dropping that last feed is easier for you.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools