Baby Corner

Old 04-15-09, 05:13 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Default On our way out...

So, over the past month or so, my supply has gone down significantly. I was pumping 3 times a day, getting about 13oz, & BF once at night. It started to get lower, like about 9-10oz, so I opted to take back my lunch hour & only pump twice a day b/c I would get the same amount. Then me & Dh went for a 1-nite weekend getaway (1st night away from the baby!) and I took the pump, but only used it 3 times. Since the start of spring we have been on-the-go a lot more, so there has been more instances of giving bottles of formula. I think all this skipping pumping has really affected my production, which I knew would happen, but part of me is looking forward to stopping so I can take back my breaks at work as well! The other day I actually forgot the pump parts & went all day w/o pumping and by the time I got home from picking up Kendall, I was hurting! So, can't stop completely yet. Today I pumped once and I only got 5oz. Which is the same amount I got Monday when I pumped twice. Hey, that's enough for a snack bottle, lol!

Part of me just says to stop now, cold turkey, but I am so reluctant to for several reason. Mainly b/c it saves us money on formula, lol!!! But I guess I'm not saving as much now, am I?

Just wanted to give ya'll this update & thank everyone in advance for their support on this journey! Breastfeeding Rocks!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-15-09 at 05:26 PM.

Old 04-16-09, 03:53 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

You have done well making it 9 months! She is soon going to be having more solids then formal or breast milk and your supply would have gone down a bit anyways! if you want to stop altogether and donít want all the engorgement you can just pump enough to relieve the engorgement and your milk supply will slow down more and more until you can stop without the engorgement.

But if you still want to give breast milk and save money on formula maybe you can change your pumping schedule. Just pump once at work and/or before and after work and a few times while she is asleep at night so that your supply stays up but you donít have to pump as much at work. Some people only breastfeed for bed time at this age anyways so if you just let her nurse at night time your supply will get use to it soon and after a while your body will get use to it and you wont have the engorgement during the day.
Good luck with what ever you choose! And congrats on making it this far!
Thank you imagine!
MrsS1stbaby (04-17-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools