Baby Corner

Old 01-11-07, 12:40 AM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It shouldn't be too early. Lucas took one at around 10 days and only ever breastfed and he had no problem with nipple issues. He did seem to prefer the orthodontic style over the kind that are a football shaped bulb. He still uses one now at naptime and bedtime and he's almost 2. I haven't even thought about trying to get rid of it just yet.

Old 01-11-07, 01:17 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My kids both had pacifiers and there was no problem.
Andrew required a pacifier because he needed to suck but I couldn't BF him the amount he wanted (because he'd be over full after 5 minutes and then he'd just puke it all back up) so he had to have the pacifier to satisfy that need to suck.

I probably would have given him a pacifier anyway had he not needed it so badly because I'm VERY against any 'comfort nursing'. Nursing to me is/was strictly for feeding. Not for getting to sleep, not for any of that comfort stuff.

Sarah was very finicky with her pacifier ... it had to be a certain kind. But she loved that thing to bits!
It turns out that babies are very rarely 'nipple confused'. So rarely in fact, that the term should be stricken from the world so people can stop using that lame excuse for other reasons.

Old 01-12-07, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Josh got a pacifier the night after his first full day as a member of the universe. I wasn't going to introduce it but the way he was crying for 2 straight hours, I vaguely remember telling DH that I didn't care if he took the d*mn thing to first grade if it meant he'd stop crying right now.
It worked. We nursed for 8 1/2 months.

Old 01-15-07, 09:04 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Aedan was BF exclusively.. Refused binkies and bottles for a LONG time and when he took the bottle it was only juice.. no EBM or formula. Needless to say he nursed til 13 months. He sometimes would just suck/hang on for comfort. He refused the binkie.. whereas Chloe was given formula and a binkie in the hospital and it's a security thing for her now. She weaned herself at 4 months.

Not sure any of that helped..

Old 01-15-07, 09:12 AM
Ta2'd & AP Uber Milf

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I was/am pretty against pacifiers -- HOWEVER, i had a sucker too -- I did pretty well dealing with it most of the time, but I'll tell you - if it wasn't for the pacifier I'd never have been able to drive!!!

Doc does recommend NOT giving them past 5 months, but def ok (in moderation) for the extremely boob fixated baby! lol
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools