Baby Corner

Old 09-22-08, 05:57 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2755.92%
Default pumping question...

For those of you that pumped a lot/during work, etc.....

It's now my 3rd week of pumping and it's starting to hurt more. When I get finished it's red and sore on the area directly surrounding the nipple, which of course is also getting is sucked into the flange. I always put Lanisoh on my nipples when I am finished, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Did anyone else experience this? Is there another product I could use for what I can only describe as chaffing?

Old 09-22-08, 07:45 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.55%

I liked a natural product I got at a store called The Birth Boutique - Motherlove Nipple Cream - similar to Lanisoh, but you don't have to work it to get it soft. The website is

- I didn't pump at work, though. Just at home.

Old 09-23-08, 11:03 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

my friend told me they sell something called soothies and it's a pad you wear in your bra and it last 3-5 days. I donít know what its like but she told me they work well for her.
but if your in a lot of pain It could be the pump or the shield on it may be the wrong size for you. or you may just have it on your breast a bit off center. with me I had make sure to get the shield right in the center of the breast because if it was off to one side even a little bit it hurt really bad. And also I had to have it on the medium setting because the high cased pain.

One more thing is if your just now getting pain and you did not have it before that could be a sign that you have thrush so you might ask your Dr about it if the pain gets worse or itís hurting even when your not pumping.
Thank you imagine!
MrsS1stbaby (09-23-08)

Old 09-23-08, 02:23 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2755.92%

Isn't thrush where there is white spots and there might be white in the baby's mouth? (some type of yeast thing, if I remember)

It's more like chapped-feeling, I think from prolonged and often use. I am gonna try putting the Lanisoh on before I pump. I also saw somewhere on here about using olive oil, but I wasn't sure so I was hoping someone would have some info on that.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools