Baby Corner

Old 06-17-09, 10:26 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.14%
Default Question Please!

That last post got me thinking. If you BF and your baby takes a bottle, what do you put in the bottle? EBM or formula? If you sub formula, what kind of formula do you use? What is most like(and taste like) EBM? I was reading that last thread and someone said her friend didnt want to pump so she gave a bottle and I was just wondering about that. I am really concerned about pumping at work. I have to go back to work at 6weeks old and I am pretty sure my boss is not gonna be happy if I have to pump while working. Is that something they have to let me do?
I am sorry I still have so many questions. I will be taking a BF class with DH on 7/18/09. Any tip or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You ladies are the only ones I know I can ask besides the hospitals LC b/c no one else BF close to me that I can ask.
TIA

Old 06-17-09, 11:04 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Congrats on your pregnancy & it's great that you are thinking about BF & will be taking the class.

I am not sure if it is something they HAVE to let you do, but I would check with your state or county laws. Somes states are different. I used the Le Leche website a lot.

You can type in question topics or scroll the FAQ, go up to Breastfeeding Help. I brought up the pumping at work thing BEFORE I left work, so they were aware that I may be coming back doing that. Then when about 2 weeks before I returned, I called and talked to the HR dept & my supervisores about where I could do it, etc.

When dd was a newborn and I first returned to work at 8 weeks, it was strictly EBM in the bottles. When my supply started going down and we had to supplement, we used Similac Advanced. (it's the blue one)

And please, don't apologize about having questions! We all had them, and still do sometimes! Breastfeeding is no longer as common as it once was & we also have to adapt to this modern society.
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
Keepers (06-17-09)

Old 06-17-09, 12:21 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 72.86%

And every baby is different. I have had many people tell me they didnt breastfeed their second cause it was a horrible expeirence with the first. I tell them to give each one a try cause with my first I only made it a week, second was 4 months, third and fourth was 15 months.

I thought it was a law that they had to have somewhere that you could go to breastfeed other then the bathroom but I could be wrong.
Thank you Mommy2KNIH!
Keepers (06-17-09)

Old 06-17-09, 02:18 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

I checked the laws in Ga and employers are not required to give you time to pump. Which I think is ridiculous. I sure my boss is gonna have a prob with this! Argg.

Old 06-17-09, 02:40 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

im sorry they dont give time to pump. I thought nowadays all states did! that is ridiculous!

Dont you ever worry about bothering someone with questions. We have all been first time nursers at one point, so we know how scary it can be (but in the end, it will be pleasurable experience for you.)

I nursed my first son until he was 2wks old and then stopped cold turkey. He was losing weight rapidly and he was born 5 wks early..not a good combo. I didnt have the patience to make bfing work.

With DD, I nursed right off the bat after she was born. I read books on it and asked the ladies here. They are AMAZING at making you feel like you are not an idiot when it comes to this. I learned alot of helpful techniques that made bfing successful. I had to stop at 6months because I became pregnant again (i have severe preterm problems) but i have no doubt I would have nursed her until she was 1yr.

Jake is already supplementing on formula. I work graves and there is no way I can pump while at work. I tried that last year with DD and I had a horrible experience. CA employers are required to give us time, however in my job it was impossible.

please ask all the questions you have! you will be more successful the more you know ahead of time. even if you only nurse for 6wks, that is a great start for baby presley!
Thank you holly302!
Keepers (06-17-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools