Baby Corner

Old 09-10-08, 12:36 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%
Default Question for the veterans

FYI: I have been BF exclusivly for 8 weeks and this is my first week back at work. I have a hospital grade pump and pump 3 times a day during work for approx. 15 minutes each time

So, I know that if milk isn't released on a regular basis, it can affect your production. My issue is that my daughter is now sleeper longer at night, usually about 5 hours. As an example, I BF her around 8:00pm and she fell asleep at 9:15pm. She did not wake up until about 2:15am. I BF and then placed her back down. I get up and leave for work, dropping her off at my moms. She fell back asleep at my mother's and did not eat again until almost 10am. I am pumping at work at the same time. So that is about 8 hours of me not releasing anything. Will this affect my production? What happens when she starts sleeping through the night-I can't keep getting up to pump while she sleeps or I would never get enough sleep. Will your body adjust to nursing/pumping more during the day and "resting" at night?

Old 09-10-08, 12:40 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Yes... Your body will adjust..

Thank you Bethann73!
MrsS1stbaby (09-11-08)

Old 09-10-08, 02:20 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Old 09-11-08, 03:08 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

it's like supply and deamand you body can tell how much to make by how much you pump and/or she nurses. if she nurses more or you pump more it will make more and if you stop pumping or she nurses less it will make less. and it will adjust to the time sechdule too.

Last edited by imagine; 09-11-08 at 03:11 PM.

Old 09-15-08, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Mine did. However, I know of people whose didn't. I'd just keep a careful watch.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools