Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
Recommend a breastpump

Recommend a breastpump

Reply Post New Topic

• AmiKW AmiKW's Avatar 01-20-07 | 11:30 PM
  • Yeah that was what I was thinking. I really don't plan to do it often, just enough to let dh do a night feeding from time to time and for us to get out of the house once in a while, I guess. I don't know.
  • Asenath74 Asenath74's Avatar 01-21-07 | 12:10 AM
  • Ami - I was given a Medela hand pump before I left the hospital. It never worked for me. We rented a hospital grade Medela that was well worth it but that was in the beginning when we were having issues. I do have to say that once nursing was established I could pump with the hand held to relieve engorgement but it killed my hand! I have a Pump in Style that worked great for what I needed. Good luck in your decision!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-21-07 | 12:22 AM
  • I can't get the links to work for me, but I can say that I have a Medela Double Ease and really like it. In fact, a friend has been borrowing it since she went back to teaching in the fall after having her second child in June. It's just like the Pump In Style except it has a different carrying case. I bought it brand new, sealed on eBay for $100.

It was an electric pump that came with a hand pump. Often times, I had better results with the hand pump. But I was glad to have both options. The hand pump WAS especially useful at night.

I hope you find something that fits your need!

• Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 01-23-07 | 11:33 PM
  • I used the medela hand pump that I was given at the hospital and honestly it worked well, but took FOREVER to get 1-2 oz. I bought an evenflo electric single pump and it was horrible. I borrowed a friends medela pump in style and I loved it. It might be a bit more than what you need, but it is worth the money.

I love Medela products.
  • spongebob spongebob's Avatar 01-29-07 | 06:07 PM
  • I wasn't able to 'pump' because my let down only responded to nursing - so it was a waste of money for me -- instead I manually expressed into mommy's milk storage bags... sounds gross, but worked like a charm when I had to leave him with someone.

If you don't find one that works - you might want to try it as a last resort...

Just remember to check with your insurance company - many will pay for certain pumps (knowing the benifits of mother;s milk)!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!