Baby Corner

Old 03-03-08, 03:32 AM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8%
Default Routines

hey ladies,

i really dont have a question, more or less seeing what you guys think of Lola's feeding routine.
once in a great while, we will have 4-5 hour stretches in between feedings during the night. but, we are having more and more 2-3 hour stretches.
then, during the day, she will go longer without feeds. case in point, this evening..i fed her at 4pm (and she didnt really eat for very long) and she went into 9pm before she would eat again. and when she did eat, it was for 15 mins and then she was done. she was content and then went to sleep...so, i figure she is full, but it just surprised me that she didnt eat longer.

and, please...remind me when they go longer stretches at night!

Old 03-03-08, 06:11 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 8%

By about 5-6 weeks old, Marek was going about 4 hours between feedings at night, and was typically every 3 hours during the day. What was really nice was when he got to around 5 months old and only fed five times a day (9am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 1am)!

I had a lot of luck with making sure we kept stimulation to a minimum during night feedings. When he cried to eat, I'd get out of bed and grab him in the dark (or turn on the dimmer in his room only the smallest bit), and sit in the glider in his room to nurse him. I didn't talk to him at all, fed him on both sides, changing in-between (again with the light still very low), and plopped him right back into bed as soon as he was done. He tended to fall asleep nursing, so this worked very well.

Then during daytime feedings, I'd make sure to talk to him and try to keep him awake after eating.

Old 03-03-08, 07:19 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 161.33%

Holly, I'm with you... my days vary so much anymore.

Old 03-03-08, 08:37 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I keep looking for a routine too

I know it'll come but I forget when too

Old 03-03-08, 07:13 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I have always heard that if they dont eat enough during the day they will make up for it at night. Maybe you can try to get ther to eat more right before bed.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools