Baby Corner

Old 01-15-10, 05:13 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

congrats on the new baby!! At this age nursing makes them tired because they are so little and not very strong yet. the more he nurses the stronger his jaw will get and the more he will be able to get out at each nursing. Until then I would just let him let him nurse on demand (even if it's every 30 min) and he will wake up and let you know when he is hungry. And the way to know if he is getting enough is to do a diaper count. If he is having 6-8 wet diaper a day then he is getting plenty. and the poopy diapers count as wet ones as well.
also don't supplement with formula because it will make it take even longer to get your milk to come in!

congrats again!

Old 01-15-10, 10:28 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Oh, I remember those days too! It was so frustrating b/c even while we were still in hospital, she was always falling sleep after only a couple minutes & the nurses kept getting on me about how she wasn't eating enough. I think when we go home, I would do the strip down thing, tickle her feet, wipe her feet or back with a cool cloth. Sometimes I think setting her bare back on the boppy pillow woke her up a bit b/c the fabric felt cool from being the AC I guess.

Old 01-16-10, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

We did great all day and evening until last night around 11pm. That's when he wakes up and wants to party! He ate every 2 hours all day and early evening, then at 9:45, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, and then I gave him 2 oz of formula and he slept till 4am (and so did i

). It's then I realized that my torpedo boobs are now full of milk-- so full, that he couldn't latch on to one side. So we did 4am, 7am, and i'm off to feed him again before i pump like he!!.

Old 01-16-10, 12:11 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

I don't miss those days - I too am big and could only do football hold (although I figured out across the chest with Kaitlyn). I ended up engorged with mastisis with Ashley and learned to pump often with Kaitlyn - keep that pump handy - it will all calm down eventually! Nad if formula at night is something you want to do, the boobs will figure it out. Good luck!

Old 01-16-10, 05:02 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

sounds like your making plenty of milk for him!! babies tend to tank up before a long sleep so if you notice him all of a sudden nursing every 30 min he may be getting ready to sleep for a few hours.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools