Baby Corner

Old 02-17-08, 12:35 AM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default spacing feedings

hi guys..im baaack!

quick question, Lola is still bf every 2.5-3 hours 24 hrs a day. i was wondering when they would space out a little more. im wondering if i am producing enough to satisfy her or is she still at that age where eating ever 2-3 hours is common? she will be 4 weeks old on wednesday of next week.

Old 02-17-08, 01:19 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

on demand really is the pits, eh?

she's still a little young. She's probably just starting her growth spurt stints now and in the next 2 months, she'll START lengthening her evening/sleeping sessions.

Usually what happens first, is they become more efficient at nursing so they get more milk in less time than they did at first - but they'll still be wanting that milk more frequently. It won't be long before she starts being full longer.

If it really is seeming like she's hungry too often - you can just try to stall her for 5 extra minutes when she starts getting that frenzied hungry squirm and after a few days, you'll have permenantly lengthened that feeding time the 5 minutes.
so just do that slowly 5 or so minutes with each feeding.

Old 02-17-08, 07:43 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Karen is absolutely right. We were still doing the every 3 hours thing until Marek was a good 6-8 weeks old. Hang in there. I'm sure you have plenty of milk for her. She's just getting into her stride.

Old 02-17-08, 09:26 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We did every 3 hours for a while too. Karen is right on the money with her strategy of how to space the feedings more. It definitely worked for us. Erin now eats about every 4 hours during the day and sleeps for 10 hours at night. She is 3 months old and has been doing this for about a month.

Old 02-17-08, 09:57 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I once read somewhere that the biggest growth spurts were at 4 weeks and 6 weeks and the again at 4 months and 6 months! and at about 6 months is when the growing starts to slow down!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools