Baby Corner

Old 05-08-06, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Question A strange question

I hope you ladies don't mind a question.
I breastfed my baby (1 year now) for the first 8 weeks and my milk decreased to nothing. I took Reglan to try to help "pump me up" but it didn't help. I'm now pregnant again, not due till December, so this may be a little premature, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do during pregnancy to help ensure a good supply? Anyone know anything I can do? I just want to be able to nurse longer this time. My goal with Dewey was teeth and if we made it through them then 1 year, like I said, we only made 2 months. So I want to have the same goal for this baby without drying up at 2 mths. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!!!

Old 05-09-06, 01:46 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Good luck ami... I am no help I nursed my first DD til 18 months but DS only til 4 months and now Kaylee is still going strong at 10 months. but i have no idea what might help now some one eles might .

Old 05-09-06, 01:49 PM
Mama To GIRLS!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

All I know are the same old same old things you hear. Water, Oatmeal, Fenugreek (sp?) and I don't think you can do anything to help supply till the baby is born. Then the best suggestion I can give you is nurse on demand, don't try to scheudle feeds, and don't skip feeds until your supply is WELL established.

Last edited by sarabrydges; 05-12-06 at 09:03 PM.

Old 05-09-06, 02:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I agree with Sara. Tons of water and rest too is very important. You may want to get a baby sling and let the baby stay in there, nurse on demand and nap too. With Dewey and Corbin it may be easier too to have the little one in the sling.
My only other advice would be to talk to a certified lactation consultant. Some doctors, in my experience, will just tell you to switch to formula and not even try to help you breastfeed. Also, it's perserverance sometimes! Good luck! I hope it works this time for you!

Old 05-09-06, 02:23 PM
Mama To GIRLS!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

Even better, get a midwife! They do everything they can to help you!
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools