Baby Corner

Old 03-05-06, 01:55 PM
Proudly South African mom

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.54%
Red face Suck suck suck!

I don't know what's up with Shaelyn, for the past 2 nights she's been wanting to suckle almost all night! If I remove her from the boob she screeches as if I'm torturing her, she even woke up DH with her howling! We co-sleep so it's easy enough for me to let her nurse but now my nipples are really sore! They haven't felt like this since the early days of breastfeeding! I don't know what to do!

Old 03-06-06, 01:38 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Hmmm...does she actually sleep in bed with you?? We have Naia in a co-sleeper and thank GOD she sleeps soundly through the night without waking up wanting to nurse. We do, however, have Shaye between us all night but I didn't nurse her

Maybe if you had her in a co-sleeper she would sleep better and not want to nurse all night? Do you use a paci with her? I know some nursing moms are totally against them, but I don't have any issues with them and Naia doesn't seem to have nipple confusion because of it.

I know a lot of AP moms would rather soothe with the breast than a paci and I totally understand that choice. Maybe once my milk comes in full force I may do the same, but for now the paci works for us.

Old 03-06-06, 04:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

When I get sore since the newborn days, it always means a new tooth! Does she have anymore coming in? Hope
she's not sick or something

Old 03-10-06, 02:04 PM
Proudly South African mom

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Thanks ladies. She is teething, her top pre-molars are coming through but then again, they're been doing so for the past month!
Maddy, she sleeps in our bed, between us and she point-blank refuses to suck a paci. I recently gave her one in the hopes that she would suck on it, but she just clenches it between her teeth like a cigar!

Anyway, the all night suckling has stopped (touch wood) but my nipples are still sore, it really feels like thos first 6 weeks of nursing a newborn again!

Old 03-10-06, 02:39 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Ouch! Glad she's stopped.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools