Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
time between feedings/ is this ok?

time between feedings/ is this ok?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 03-09-10 | 08:34 PM
  • Brady is a very even-tempered baby and rarely cries or gets fussy. He is 8 weeks old today, but weighs 15lbs already (he's in the proportionate in length and weight though-- he's a chub but dr says perfectly healthy).

He gets his evening feeding at 8ish. He usually rouses around 2:30am and makes noise like he might be wanting to eat, but he doesn't cry, and goes immediately back to sleep if I give him the binky. Then, usually he gets up to eat anywhere from 4:30-6:30 am. Do you think it's ok that I just give him the binky at 2:30am, or should I force myself to get up and feed him?

He eats a lot throughout the day...
    Usually 4-6am, 8:00, 10:00, 12:30, 3:30, 5or 6ish, 8ish.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 03-09-10 | 08:57 PM
  • If he'll take it, I'd let him! He's obviously getting enough calories during the day and growing great!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
3Princes (03-09-10)
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 03-09-10 | 09:41 PM
  • I think if he were truly hungry the binky would not work, so I say he is just fine. Take it while you can, Danielle was sleeping like that at 6 weeks and then started getting teeth at about 4 months and only just started sleeping good again the past couple of weeks.
Thank you Valleygirl!
3Princes (03-09-10)
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-09-10 | 09:53 PM
  • I would totally go with the paci! Like Valleygirl said, if he were really hungry, the paci wouldn't work!
Thank you brandimichelle!
3Princes (03-09-10)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 03-09-10 | 09:55 PM
  • It's not like he's starving. The proof is in the growth, so let the boy sleep and enjoy your rest!
Thank you rudolphia!
3Princes (03-09-10)