Baby Corner

Old 12-15-08, 02:15 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

as you add the solids, they'll start to go into the 'meals and snacks' mode.
they'll be starved for milk first thing in the morning.
They'll want milk with their breakfast lunch and dinner, and probably will want another snack right before bed for many months to come

At about 6 months, you start switching the milk during 'snack' times to juice and water. (i always served severely watered down juice until they were 3 and 4 years old )

At close to 1 year, they'll be able to wait until breakfast for that milk so you can drop the early morning nursing session.

but like you already know, most kids are just a little different. You are now blending the schedules of regular mealtimes with the nursing schedules. Make sure she's still drinking pleanty. the challenge is to make sure she's still hungry for that very important milk but still get to enjoy those solids....
Thank you skyqueen!
MrsS1stbaby (12-15-08)

Old 12-15-08, 04:51 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

With two older kids and a baby, I know full well that things are very different with each and every baby!

With my first, he nursed only for almost an hour every time, until he was 4 months. I then started cereal2-3 times a day and BFing about 6 times a day. As he started more and more "meals" with the solids, he started weening himself more and more until he hit about 10 or 11 months, then it was only nap and bed time BFing, and we did that until he was 14 months...

With DD#1, same thing until she hit about 6 months, but she only went half an hour at a time (I was pg by the time she hit 4 months), then she only wanted to BF about 4 times a day, BUT she LOVED the solids so i wasn't too worried. She nursed about 2-3 times a day when she was 8 months and by the time her 1st b-day rolled around she only had it at nap and bedtime. After her b-day and with another baby due two months later, I weened her off and she was done by 13 months...

DD#2 is nursing now. She had pukey problems for the first 2 months and could only go 10 minutes on ONE side every time she ate (unless it was first thing when she woke up, then 5 minutes max or she'd puke it all up and we'd have to start over!) She ate FREQUENTLY, but now eats about ever 2.5-3 hours and goes 10 minutes on only one side and she's usually fine, sometimes she wants more, so she goes about 10 minutes or so on the other side. BUT she has been mroe and mroe hungry and REALLY watching me when I eat, so I think after Christmas once all the crazy days are over, I will be starting her on cereal. She'll be 4 months on the 23rd (and will probably be getting baby food in her stocking

)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools