Baby Corner

Old 03-23-08, 01:46 PM
Ava and Ethan's mama!

Thanked 136 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default white dot on nipple

Hi girls, I'd like to pick your brains about this. I have had a little white dot on one of my nipples for about 2 weeks or so....that nipple is kind of sore, nothing major, just a little. I was thinking that the spot could be almost like a scab. I tried squeezing it, thinking it may also be some sort of a plug or pimple, but nothing happened.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-23-08, 01:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1220%

Do you get sharp pains in that breast? To me it sounds like you might possibly have thrush although I could be wrong.

Old 03-23-08, 03:06 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

is it only one spot, looking like a pimple? I have had one on my nipple since Kaylee was 1 1/2 or so, and she nursed til she turned 2 and is going on 3. when I asked the OB nurse she said it is nothing to worry about, it is from all the hormons, and I still have it. But I may have had it this long because I am on BC, so have extra hormons from that. if you don't have sharp pain I wouldn't worry to much about it but keep an eye on it.

Old 03-23-08, 03:08 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Definitely could be thrush. Does baby have any white spots in teh mouth or a white coated tounge? Thrush looks like a thick coating of milk on the tounge. If that's what it is, you'll need to get to the doc and get a prescription for both you and baby to get rid of it. Eventually Thrush makes it very painful for the baby to eat.

Old 03-24-08, 03:32 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It could be a clogged nipple pore which can get infected. Basically, as long as the baby's mouth is clear of anything and you are not in pain, you should be fine! Def keep an eye out for what all the ladies have said so far.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools