Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding you guys probably already told me, but i forgot

you guys probably already told me, but i forgot

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-07-08, 04:17 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

the nipple confusion usually isn't the issue. Most babies don't have the nipple confusion. But they certainlydo have preferences.
Usually, the problems start when you start adding a little formula and the tastes change and they have to pick between tastes. Most babies decide that they prefer one over the other and ultimately, the struggle is too much and the nursing falls out of favor and out of use.

And I'd have NO idea how working the grave shift would work for me.
Most babies start sleeping thru the night around 4 months old and you don't nurse during the night and your milk supply is just fine because you're still nursing away during the day.
BUT - if you're going to be sleeping during the day (or part of it) I have no idea how that'll work for you. Waking up to nurse? (or pump? )
Not sure if it would be better to stick with the baby's schedule or yours

Rudi's advise is very sound, though. Don't set yourself up for a big disappointment. Do your best and no matter what the outcome, be proud that you've done your best and your decisions are all done with Lola's best interest (and the famly as a whole) in mind.

Again. I had to stop nursing and didn't pump because it was just way too hard for me. I don't feel bad. It was a good decision for me.

Old 02-07-08, 05:53 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

Holly... I was told by our lactation consultant to go ahead and start pumping very soon after delivery to start stockpiling and getting myself to produce extra milk... I will also return to a graveyard job (7p-7p) but only 3-4 days a week... and I feel assured I'll be able to find time to pump at work....hopefully.... I hope everything works out great for you.... I really do! You're my inspiration

Old 02-07-08, 09:29 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

No problem with nipple confusion here. He did great with the bottle, even though he didn't get it often for the first six months.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools