Baby Corner

Old 06-16-12, 02:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 50%
Default Chapped Lips

Has anyone's newborn
had chapped lips? If so, is there anything I can put on them?

Old 06-16-12, 11:24 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Are you nursing? If so, does it look chapped right on the top lip in the middle? That's pretty normal. It would be really unlikely for a newborn to have chapped lips unless he/she's incredibly dehydrated and I'm guessing that's not the issue. If you're concerned, contact your pediatrician and ask about it but until then, I wouldn't put anything on it because you wouldn't want Baby ingesting anything other than breastmilk or formula.

Old 06-22-12, 06:16 PM
Presley's Mommy

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 100%

Lanolin. It is a cream that women use to put on their nipples when breat feeding but it can be used for babies chapped lips. The doctors at the hospital and my pedi told me that if her lips try up just to rub a little of that on her lips or on my breast before feeding. It will clear it up really fast. But make sure the baby is getting enough food because dry lips is usually nothing to worry about it can mean baby is getting dehydrated.

Latest Articles
The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools