Baby Corner

Old 06-23-12, 03:41 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3553.57%
Default Tummy time

My daughter is 3 months and she absolutely hates tummy time. every time i try to give her belly time either on her play mat which is made for both belly and back play time or propped on her Boppy pillow, she just scream cries! She hates it. Is that normal? What do i do? i heard babies are supposed to get tummy time but she never wants it and im afraid it will hinder her from learning to crawl.

Any suggestions or advice?
I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 06-23-12, 07:49 PM

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 28.57%

they tend to like tummy time on mommy or daddys chest.and that is still considered tummy time.
Thank you vedafate!
MollysMommy (06-23-12)

Old 06-23-12, 07:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 3553.57%

She will do that.... for a short period. Good to know thats still considered!

Old 07-30-12, 02:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 3292.86%

Hi MollysMommy, did you find a way to make this happen?

I heard it's very important too and lying on their back constantly causes flatness on the back of their head. And it's also necessary to increase upper body strenght and make them learn how to lift their head and neck up. If you have found a way to make it easier, please do share!

Old 07-30-12, 02:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 3553.57%

you are so right about the flatness on the back of the head, she does have a little flat part. But her tummy time is getting better! Little by little. She has strong neck muscles (she was holding her own head up the day she was born when the nurse was holding her!) Ill put her on my belly on her belly like someone suggested to me on here. and when I lay her on her playmat ill lay with her and kind of raise the upper half of her for a few minutes and play with her and then she will eventually keep her upper half raised up on her own. She still doesnt like it much its a process tho. Shes spoiled rotten and much rather be held to play (or just held in general lol) but we are trying to break that as well.

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools