Baby Corner

Old 08-26-12, 06:22 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%
Talking Anniversary -- we're old

Yesterday was our 11th wedding anniversary. We got a babysitter to hang with the kids while we went out. Last year was our 10th annivesary and we went to Las Vegas/Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon. So this year we were happy to play it cool and do a dinner date night and be more "us".

But when it came time to go out, we didn't know what to do. We drove around and ended up at a steakhouse we'd never visited before (we were less-than-impressed ) and then because it was a pretty nice night (despite the near-90-degree temps), we decided to visit a newer outdoor mall area to walk around. After about 40 minutes, we realized it just wasn't "us" so we left and went to Marshall's to shop for new swimsuits for our upcoming vacation. DH found one...I didn't (my upper "goods" are much bigger than the rest of me so I'm a difficult fit ). Then we went to Friendly's for ice cream.

We laughed and talked about all kinds of things that we usually can't discuss on a continual basis because we're usually interrupted by the kids so that was nice. We reminisced about old times and had a good time.

Otherwise, it was pretty uneventful.

How do you celebrate special events like anniversaries or birthdays?

Old 08-27-12, 01:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

You know you're a parent when you finally get some "alone time" and either don't know what to do without the kids or end up talking about the kids for most of the time!

If it's just a night we try to go to a nice restaurant for special occasions. If we do get the rare weekend alone we try to go somewhere modest but nice and try to make it somewhere that neither of us has been to before.

Old 08-27-12, 02:52 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

LOL- that sounds exactly like our 9th anniversary date a few weekends ago! Replace steakhouse with brewhouse, swimsuits with shoes that I bought for myself, and ice cream was eaten at home out of our freezer while we watched a rented movie after we releived my parents at like 9:15pm!

We were playing around with the idea of Vegas for our 10th anniversary next year. But then we thought about leaving the kids with someone here for even a few days and thought better of it. I think we are ALL going to fly to Texas, drop the kids of at my in-laws, and go to Austin or San Antonio for a few days. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Dh has been wanting to go back & visit TX and the kids have never been.

Old 08-30-12, 09:21 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Awww, sounds like a good night. We just celebrated our 11th as well and just went out to dinner. Last year, we had a weekend getaway to OC, MD. We normally just do dinner w/o the kids.

Old 08-31-12, 08:40 AM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%

I prefer dinner and a good movie. Most special occasions I am content just to stay home and not have to go anywhere. We are always on the road, so that probably explains a lot.

Sounds like a nice evening for you and your husband. I can totally relate to the "goods" on top making it difficult. For about 6 months after my shoulder surgery my left breast was swollen. I looked ridiculous! lol.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools