Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe Anyone out there with a big family???

Anyone out there with a big family???

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-11-06, 07:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Default Anyone out there with a big family???

I need ideas on how to keep my family organized and my house clean while I'm at work, they are at school, and we are all going different ways to different activities. Our house is in chaos right now and I hate it. HELP me out pleeeeeaaaasssseeeee!!! Another question...what are some ideas for things that you pack in school lunches? HELP!! Our middle daughter won't eat beef at all, and really doesn't care for too many soups, but will eat the staples of chicken noodle and chili, and the famous raman noodles! Any ideas on how to keep foods warm/cold??

Old 08-11-06, 08:13 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I'm the oldest of 8 kids and the older kids had to pack their own lunches.
we didn't get 'hot' lunches from home. Just sandwiches and the raisins etc to go with it. (and I got a quarter for a carton of milk to buy at school)

what my mom now has is those cheap presswood shelves in the basement down by the washing machine. When the clothes come out of the dryer, she folds them into each person's section of the shelves and then each person is responsible for taking up their own clothes to their dresser. (the older kids are so lazy, that they usually go downstairs to the basement and get dressed down there )

I think what it really boils down to is imposing the responsibilities of self to the kids as soon as they're capable lifting the unnecessary burdens from you to where they belong.

Old 08-11-06, 08:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I just don't know how to reinforce it, without constantly nagging on them. HELP!

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

How to Be a Great Hands On Parent to Your Toddler
It's important for parents to be an active influence in their toddler's life. Learn how to be an award winning hands on parent.

10 Things Pregnant Women Do Not Want to Discuss
Here are the top 10 pregnancy questions asked as well as discussions pregnant women don't want to have. Tell us! Are they accurate?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools