Baby Corner

Old 05-29-06, 02:42 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question Baby Shower help

I am throwing my friend a baby shower in the beginning of July, and cannot find any decent priced decorations, plates, etc. on any websites . Do any of you know of any site with some good deals? TIA!

Old 05-29-06, 08:04 AM
is just one of those weird girls.
A work in progress

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I don't know about deals or anything...Most of the decorations for my baby shower were done on the computer...even the invitations...and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Maybe you could go that route for a few things? Is there a theme in mind? Is it going to be big?

Old 05-29-06, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I'll look around for you. We usually had it out somewhere or just got regular plates for the most part then a few decoration. Do you have games and favors or do you need those too?

Old 05-29-06, 10:26 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8607%

I've thrown many a baby shower in my day and I make almost everything for our showers. I've received many compliments about the showers I've thrown--and it's all been homemade stuff.

One thing that's ALWAYS a hit---candy wrappers from Moy (AMomInLove). SOOOOOO reasonable in price and always a surefire way to personalize ANY occasion. (Does that sound like an ad?? I've used them for birthdays and baby showers---and everyone just gushes over how great they are!

Try your local Dollar Tree or Deals store--I find lots of cute printable stationary there and print fun poems or whatever (email me if you need wording ideas). You can make pacifier necklaces with Lifesaver Mints and pink/blue JellyBellies and use those for a game or decoration.

For favors, I buy votive candles (4/$1) and glass votive holders (2/$1) at the Dollar Tree and wrap them in tulle with a little poem that reads:

To family and friends
who have shown such care,
When the news of my birth
reaches everywhere,
Light this candle and say a prayer,
So the joy of my birth
we all can share.

I have a word scramble ready to go--all you have to do is print on cute stationary (only a dollar or two). Just email me if you want it (I even have a key for it! ).

I have loads more ideas! You don't have to buy fancy patterned paper products if the other stuff is sufficient enough to make a wonderfully memorable experience. Then just head to your local Dollar Tree and buy solid color plates/napkins/etc to accent your personal touches. It will come off BEAUTIFULLY and be so personal for the expectant mama!

Let me know if I can help you at all! I'll do what I can!

Old 05-29-06, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I think we ar gonna skip the games. From previous showers I have thrown or been to, games just get annoying, because everyone wants to chit chat instead. I am just going to give each guest a favor bag that will have something from bath and body and then I am filling baby food jars with hershey hugs and kisses. My friend is having a boy, so I got blue plats, napkins, and cups from dollar tree. I want to get some of those same things with a theme on them too. I just get the dollar tree ones so that I don't have to buy two packages of the more pricey themed ones, if that makes any sense

Thank you for al the great ideas ladies!! I loved these favors, but my God they are expensive!!!
http://www.abcfavors.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=37
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools