Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
Baby Shower help

Baby Shower help

Reply Post New Topic

• MariahsMommy 05-29-06 | 01:42 AM
  • I am throwing my friend a baby shower in the beginning of July, and cannot find any decent priced decorations, plates, etc. on any websites . Do any of you know of any site with some good deals? TIA!
  • Mommy2Matthias Mommy2Matthias's Avatar 05-29-06 | 07:04 AM
  • I don't know about deals or anything...Most of the decorations for my baby shower were done on the computer...even the invitations...and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Maybe you could go that route for a few things? Is there a theme in mind? Is it going to be big?
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 05-29-06 | 09:24 AM
  • I'll look around for you. We usually had it out somewhere or just got regular plates for the most part then a few decoration. Do you have games and favors or do you need those too?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 05-29-06 | 09:26 AM
  • I've thrown many a baby shower in my day and I make almost everything for our showers. I've received many compliments about the showers I've thrown--and it's all been homemade stuff.

One thing that's ALWAYS a hit---candy wrappers from Moy (AMomInLove). SOOOOOO reasonable in price and always a surefire way to personalize ANY occasion. (Does that sound like an ad?? I've used them for birthdays and baby showers---and everyone just gushes over how great they are!

Try your local Dollar Tree or Deals store--I find lots of cute printable stationary there and print fun poems or whatever (email me if you need wording ideas). You can make pacifier necklaces with Lifesaver Mints and pink/blue JellyBellies and use those for a game or decoration.

For favors, I buy votive candles (4/$1) and glass votive holders (2/$1) at the Dollar Tree and wrap them in tulle with a little poem that reads:

[CENTER] To family and friends
    who have shown such care,
    When the news of my birth
    reaches everywhere,
    Light this candle and say a prayer,
    So the joy of my birth
    we all can share.
    [/CENTER]

I have a word scramble ready to go--all you have to do is print on cute stationary (only a dollar or two). Just email me if you want it (I even have a key for it! ).

I have loads more ideas! You don't have to buy fancy patterned paper products if the other stuff is sufficient enough to make a wonderfully memorable experience. Then just head to your local Dollar Tree and buy solid color plates/napkins/etc to accent your personal touches. It will come off BEAUTIFULLY and be so personal for the expectant mama!

Let me know if I can help you at all! I'll do what I can!
  • MariahsMommy 05-29-06 | 04:49 PM
  • I think we ar gonna skip the games. From previous showers I have thrown or been to, games just get annoying, because everyone wants to chit chat instead. I am just going to give each guest a favor bag that will have something from bath and body and then I am filling baby food jars with hershey hugs and kisses. My friend is having a boy, so I got blue plats, napkins, and cups from dollar tree. I want to get some of those same things with a theme on them too. I just get the dollar tree ones so that I don't have to buy two packages of the more pricey themed ones, if that makes any sense

Thank you for al the great ideas ladies!! I loved these favors, but my God they are expensive!!!
    [url]http://www.abcfavors.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=37[/url]