Baby Corner

Old 08-01-12, 05:40 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49750%
Default Child's favorite show

Molly's favorite, and i mean FAVORITE, show is The Wiggles. We have bought her educational short movies/shows to watch but she will literally FUSS until we put The Wiggles on for her.
She will cry, and we will check for in need of feeding, or diaper change, or try to play with her, well when all else fails thats our "cue" that she wants to watch it. We will put her in her swing (which she will only sit in it to watch the 30min dvd) and she will stop fussing and watch us put the dvd in and turn it on. Then she is all smiles and laughs. After she watches it she is fine and happy.

What's your child's favorite show?

Old 08-01-12, 08:57 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

haha, that's funny! Our dd didn't watch TV at that age, except for what we watched. She didn't seem interested in those Baby Einstein videos. As she got older she would not sit still long to watch anything, she is always go, go, going...perpetual motion with that one! She only started sitting and actually watching an entire 30 minute show and choosing favorites probably a year ago, when she was 3.

But now that we have an older child that loves Nick Jr., the baby has seen the shows too and they both love The Fresh Beat Band the most. The baby is so used to seeing it and hearing the CD in the car that when he hears the opening song, he'll laugh, smile, and if we are at home watching it, he bounces up & down. (which is exent of his dancing at 14 months old) There's even been a few times in the car that I got him to stop crying by putting on the dang CD! It doesn't work every time, but it has worked several times, lol!

The older one also loves Team Umizoomi, Dora, Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Olivia, Wow Wow Wubzy, Curious George, Yo Gabba Gabba (which we only allow on occasion b/c it is too annoying, lol!), Hi Lo Kai Lan, Max & Ruby, and a few others. I know it sounds like she watches a lot, but different shows come on different days and times. Some of these she doesn't see very often, but she likes them nonetheless.

Old 08-01-12, 09:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 49750%

Awwww :] thats cute!
We try not to do alot of tv time bc i have read articles on it but sometimes it's the ONLY thing she wants.
At 4 1/2 months old she knows what she wants! lol.
Yo Gabba Gabba, i know what you mean about annoying! lol, i have watched it with my nephews when i babysat them before.
Hopefully Molly will never come along that show!
Baby Einstein movies, we have bought her some, she will watch a small portion of it, laugh, then she will be done and want to play.
Which is good, i'd much rather play with her.
But HONESTLY sometimes she gets so stubborn and wont play with you until she watches The Wiggles lol.
She really likes the singing and dancing!! She will coo while they are singing and wave her arms and move her legsn while they are dancing, every single time!!
I didnt know a 4 month old would do that, but she does lol.

The reason she has watched it in the first place is bc we were moving to a new place together to be a family (My fiance, Molly and Me)
and while we were moving in we found two DVDs of The Wiggles someone left and decided to give it a try (to let her watch it while we were moving stuff in) and ever since then she has been IN LOVE with The Wiggles!! lol

Old 08-02-12, 12:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

In the past we were big on Classical Baby (from HBO) and Yo Gabba Gabba, and Little Bear.

We got a free preview of the Boom channel a few months ago which show all older cartoons (Popeye, Flinstones, Loony Toons, Tom&Jerry) and we DVR'd a lot of stuff and the kids really liked it, and so did I.

Right now the top shows are:
Kaydence (6yr)- Doc McStuffin, Shake it up
Theron (4yr)- Obsessed with Team Umi Zoomi
Alicia (2yr)- kind of watches what the other two watch but really does seem to like Team Umi Zoomi too.

Old 08-02-12, 12:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 49750%

thats great! So do you watch it with them?

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools