Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe Feminine Hygiene (a bit personal)

Feminine Hygiene (a bit personal)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-08-06, 04:56 PM
~Nightwalker~

Thanked 35 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Feminine Hygiene (a bit personal)

Do you ever wash down there? Just teasing, that's not my question.

(This may be too personal for some, so just ignore if it is)
Do you use anything special to wash? Like Summers Eve or Massengil, or do you just use regular soap/body wash?
How about feminine deodorant spray? I cannot live without that stuff.
What about douching? Do you douche? I sound like that one commercial.

Anyway, if you feel comfortable answering, go right ahead.

Old 06-08-06, 05:05 PM
Yankee Mama

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Do you use anything special to wash? Like Summers Eve or Massengil, or do you just use regular soap/body wash? I just use regular soap/body wash
How about feminine deodorant spray? i've never used it.
What about douching? Do you douche? I douche every once in awhile after my period. Since I am only having my period like every 4 months not to offten.. lol

I have never needed to do anything special to take care of the girl parts. but yet, I am very clean. I also sometimes use the special wet wipes after going pee. Just to stay 'fresh' lol

Boy, this is a pretty embarssing thread. lol Yet we are all women and have all the same parts so we should be used to it.. lol We can talk about what comes out of our babies butts, so nothing should offend us.. lol

Old 06-08-06, 05:28 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well, I've had MULTIPLE OB/GYNs tell me it was VERY BAD to douche and to not start that nasty habit! So I never have.
And I don't use feminie deoderant sprays wither.

I have to be very careful about using even regular soaps down there because I'll end up worse than I started if I'm not careful (hence the reason I don't take baths and instead, stick wtih showers only).
I do "rinse out" with just plain water while showering, though. Just fingers/hands, and water. Nothing else.

Old 06-08-06, 05:36 PM
~Nightwalker~

Thanked 35 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
well, I've had MULTIPLE OB/GYNs tell me it was VERY BAD to douche and to not start that nasty habit!
That's why I don't either. He gave me reasons, but I don't remember them, it was so long ago.
I do use feminine wash for sensitive skin, though. I can't use regular soap...it irritates me REALLY bad.
I also use the spray but only with my undies on. I just feel "fresher" that way.

Old 06-08-06, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I just use regular soap, nothing special. Don't use the deodorant spray. I do douche every so often
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools