Baby Corner

Old 10-29-09, 01:38 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default freight train

I live within 35 miles of Manhattan, so we have a pretty extensive commuter railway system here. I have to cross a particular set of tracks most times I go in the car since I live close to a crossing. I have lived in this area near one train station or other my whole life and I saw my first freight train today! Is it strange that I am so excited?

Old 10-29-09, 02:11 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

See, I have the opposite experience. I have freight trains around here all the time and was excited the first time I saw a passenger/commuter train, up north. I haven't seen one down here that actually runs. Sad because I'm in Chattanooga, home of the choo choo

Old 10-29-09, 02:42 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I have never seen a passenger train either, only the freighters! Funny how kids will get all excited, but adults are cursing b/c they late to work waiting for the train to pass, lol!

Old 10-29-09, 02:45 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

We have freight trains out the wazoo. I got caught by 2 this morning at 6:30 AM. But we do have AmTrack that runs through here too.

Old 10-29-09, 02:46 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I never see passenger trains either, just freight haulers. I can't even recall if I have ever seen a passenger train before.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools