Baby Corner

Old 10-29-09, 12:38 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default freight train

I live within 35 miles of Manhattan, so we have a pretty extensive commuter railway system here. I have to cross a particular set of tracks most times I go in the car since I live close to a crossing. I have lived in this area near one train station or other my whole life and I saw my first freight train today! Is it strange that I am so excited?

Old 10-29-09, 01:11 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1038.75%

See, I have the opposite experience. I have freight trains around here all the time and was excited the first time I saw a passenger/commuter train, up north. I haven't seen one down here that actually runs. Sad because I'm in Chattanooga, home of the choo choo

Old 10-29-09, 01:42 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4220%

I have never seen a passenger train either, only the freighters! Funny how kids will get all excited, but adults are cursing b/c they late to work waiting for the train to pass, lol!

Old 10-29-09, 01:45 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 101.25%

We have freight trains out the wazoo. I got caught by 2 this morning at 6:30 AM. But we do have AmTrack that runs through here too.

Old 10-29-09, 01:46 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 7.5%

I never see passenger trains either, just freight haulers. I can't even recall if I have ever seen a passenger train before.

Latest Articles
How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools