Baby Corner

Old 08-31-12, 10:45 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%
Thumbs up Fresh Beat Band

We're taking the kids to see The Fresh Beat Band tonight. They're playing at a local outdoor pavilion and we're meeting up with several families. We had looked into tickets for a theater performance around Christmastime last year and it was going to be over $500 for our family. But these tickets were only $22 apiece!

Fortunately, we're not expecting the rain from Isaac until tomorrow so it should be dry tonight.

I don't know if cameras are allowed but if so, I'll post some photos of the kids (and Alex probably covering his ears ).

Old 08-31-12, 10:57 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Oh my gosh, you will have fun! I took Kendall earlier this year during the spring-leg of their tour and those kids put on a good show. We went to an indoor theater show and Kendall had a blast dancing in the aisle. Shout even came off the stage and down our aisle, so she got to shake his hand. Make sure your camera is ready and you have batteries (or it is charged well)! I was a little disappointed though that the parents we were sitting around weren't singing along like I was; I must have looked like a crazy person! I think it would have been better if all the parents had gotten into to.

They were just here last week as well for the fall-leg of the tour at an outdoor ampitheater not too far from whee we live. We considered going again, as a whole family this time b/c my 15 month old also loves them now too, but it would have been too hot so we decided against it. If they are still around next year and come back, we'll probably go.

Old 08-31-12, 11:05 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Oh, yea...I think camera's are allowed. The policy at the theather we went to states "no flash photograhpy allowed or video recording", but I took mine anyways. They didn't check bags and when everyone else started whipping out theirs and taking pics with their smartphones (that have REALLY bright flashes), I whipped mine out too! Does the outdoor theater you are going to have a policy? Our ampitheater allows "hand-held, point & shoot cameras, unless prohibited by show" but no video cameras or large cameras.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 08-31-12 at 11:10 AM.

Old 08-31-12, 11:22 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I read their policy last night and it said no videocameras and still cameras vary by show. So I'm guessing we'll be able to get by with our point-and-shoot. We have lawn seats so we're taking a blanket and sitting in the back with several other families in the grass. It's supposed to be pretty hot (around 90 degrees) tonight but it'll cool down pretty quickly and the sunset will be behind us so that will help, too.

They also DO allow one factory-sealed bottle of water per person into the place so I'm going to go buy those today, too. It'll be good to be able to get up and dane around. We don't mind dancing around and making fools of ourselves and we'll be there with our three kids, another family's three kids, and two other families' three kids so we'll be quite the group causing some serious dance waves!

Old 08-31-12, 03:25 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Have fun!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools