Baby Corner

Old 12-28-11, 01:26 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%
Default Gifts good and bad?

What were the hits and flops? Anybody get anything good themselves?

Kids liked their haul except Rachel didn't like the CSI Lab kit she got. A part doesn't work and then she decided it was too much work to read and follow the directions anyway :sheesh:

I bought myself the most exciting gift...a ramp and platform so I can dump into the dumpster without waiting for DH or dislocating body parts. Its a ramp for loading an ATV into a pickup so it was a bit expensive but sooo worth it! And DH said it wouldn't work (which is why it took me a year to get it! ) HA!

DH bought us a pool table from Ebay. Its beautiful and in perfect condition and it fits perfectly in the room.

Old 12-28-11, 02:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 2672.86%

Cool!

Good: My grandmother got our family a Wii. My parents got us a new set of pots and pans, and a temperpedic foam mattress pad.

Bad (Very Bad): I should have asked you guys first! My wife bought herself a tablet on Black Friday. I thought I was being cute and snatched the box it came in a few weeks back and wrapped it to put under the tree. The tablet was pretty expensive so the kids and I bought her a nice carry case for it but those were the only two presents she got. She got really pissed about the empty box! I think she saw it a somewhat of a cruel joke, which was not the intention at all!

Old 12-28-11, 02:26 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1372.86%

Good: The tv was a big hit. Everyday DH says "did i mention I love my new gift"....lol...not today or it hasnt been mentioned in the last few hours. LOL

Bad: Other that the Fijits that both girls received, my MIL bought them this hamster looking things that when you push his paw, he will repeat whatever u said. :\ Never heard of it...and the Fijit was enough!

Old 12-28-11, 03:28 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

I'm happy you were able to surprise him with the TV!

Taylor, I'm not sure if that would have pissed me off or not...I guess it would depend on my mood at the time!

Old 12-28-11, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Good: Both kids got the very few things they asked for.
Bad: Matthew was very pissed that Josh got night vision goggles and he didnt, and Josh got an r2d2 that lit up and he didn't. He pitched a fit like a total brat in front of everyone on Christmas Eve. I took him in the other room and gave him a talking to- and told him he had to apologize to my mother (who the gifts mentioned were from) and thank her for the gifts. He went back in and said, as sweetly as possible. "Sorry Grandma. Thank you for the bad presents."

As far as myself, the ILs totally spoiled us this year. We got a really nice set of new pots and pans, which knowing how much they were, I figured that was our only gift--but I also got a golf umbrella (which I had asked for), a ream of paper (which I get from them every year and it's a good present), a B&BW g/c, and MIL made me a new afghan for our LR since the old one is getting a little tired looking.

Overall, the best gift, hands down, was Gracey, our new puggle puppy.

Last edited by 3Princes; 02-23-12 at 09:04 PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools