Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
Holy privacy violation!

Holy privacy violation!

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 03-08-10 | 04:31 PM
  • I already called my benefits office through work, but was wondering what else you'd do (if anything) if you were me.

When I had brady, I banked his cord blood. The company has a doctor reimbursement policy, but the biill your insurance first, your insurance rejects it, and then the doctor bills the company.

Well today, I got a letter from the cord blood company and the paperwork to give to my dr office. THEN... there was a copy of the page with the insurance rejection that was sent to the company and my dr office. It has the dr. name at the top, and then a whole bunch of claims.... 5 other patients plus me! Our names, id numbers (which are not our ss numbers) procedure numbers, claim numbers, how much was paid, written off, etc! So since it was a copy and not an original, I do not think it was sent to me in error. I'm guessing it was sent to all of us on the list.

I'm not psycho about privacy but feel this is a total violation!
  • 3Princes 03-08-10 | 04:46 PM
  • I definitely think I'm going to show my dr office when I take my paperwork in to be signed. I'm sure they'd be interested to know that I have all that information.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 03-08-10 | 05:40 PM
  • WOW, yea I would have probably already called by now and would show them as well!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 03-08-10 | 06:50 PM
  • I have you beat - Once upon a time if you filed a 2nd extension with IRS you would later get an approved copy back. Once I got ours back photocopied on somebody else's extension form. I had their names, address, & soc sec number.

I figure ID theft is like the massive earthquake that they threaten will happen - its gonna happen one day & there isn't much I can do except be prepared, so its not worth worrying about.