Baby Corner

Old 05-08-06, 02:39 PM
Ayden, Ashton & Avery

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I would have loved to give birth to my children at home, but I am a major worrier and a big ole chicken .

Old 05-08-06, 03:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I have a minute or two before I need to get off so I"ll answer what I can. I have had one homebirth and I am planning another one here shortly. It was an incredable experiance for me, here is Emma's birth story... http://thebabycorner.com/boards/show...=216199&page=3

I chose Homebirth because I didn't want to fight to have the kind of birth I want. I didn't want Iv's, to lay in bed, be put on some artificial schedule, to be told how and when to push, to have drugs pushed one me, too be cut. I wanted to be able to relax and focus on birth and not on what was going on around me. I feel very strongly that the more comfortable you are, the more you can relax and the less likely you are to have problems. I worked hard to prepare myself. I was much more the participant in my daughter's pregnancy than I was with my son.

Midwives do not carry pain medication for birth. For me just learning how to completly relax helped a lot. Other woman use things like birthing pools because warm water can help you relax and the more relaxed and less fearful you are, the less pain there is. Some woman use things like Hypnobirthing which I've never tried. Not to say it's not painful or anything, Emma's birth was intense and painful but I see it as pain with a purpose and knowing that it will end helps me a lot.

Support and educating yourelf can make all the differance. I had/have my husband's support, my family's support and and awesome midwife plus her partner. I've read a lot of information online, talked with midwives and other woman who have homebirthed (my mother and sister included) and read several books. While I am aware it's not for everyone, it is for me and I am glad I did it.

Old 05-08-06, 04:03 PM
Banned

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Thats awesome I am such a big chicken and it hurts sooo bad I needed the epi all 3x's but that is a great story thank you for sharing

Old 05-08-06, 05:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.37%

You are welcome.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools