Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe I don't understand some people

I don't understand some people

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-21-11, 09:59 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.54%
Default I don't understand some people

I can't believe what people throw out. Last night I was driving with dd and someone put out what looked like a brand new tricycle and a step 2 push car- each item sellf for about $50-60 new. This particular house ALWAYS has toys out at the curb and they usually look like they are new. I have no shame about taking outdoor type things I think my kids or someone else's can use but I didn't have time to stop last night. They were gone today and garbage pickup hasn't come yet, so at least someone rescued them this time! I have gotten a few outdoor type toys from their curb in the past. What gets me is the condition of the toys they put out. Can't you find someone to pass them along to? Our houses are not that far apart in my neighborhood and there are tons of kids around. I have seen them toss cozy coups (more than one), bikes, baby items like high chairs and strollers, and many other little tikes/step 2 things. We even have services that I'll pick up donations from your lawn that they could call. I guess I have to drive that way more often with my big car!

Old 05-21-11, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 47.69%

I bet they figure someone will pick it up.

Old 05-21-11, 10:12 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Probably, but our garbage pickup comes super early. They usually put it out the night before pickup so no one has a chance. I don't stalk these people, their house is on my running route and I usually happen to run on garbage mornings...

Old 05-21-11, 03:16 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 16.92%

That is pretty crazy. I'm all about decluttering, but they just sound wasteful.

I'm glad someone snagged them up and hopefully gets some more use out of them.

Old 05-21-11, 07:16 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 9.23%

I've had to put some perfectly good stuff out at the curb because Goodwill and other charities will no longer take "anything you can put a baby in." Swings, bouncy seats, high chairs, baby carriers, you name it. I can understand a restriction against cribs and car seats, where you can't be certain they meet the latest safety standards and haven't been compromised. I know if I put the stuff out early, someone will pick them up. I used to put things on the local yard sale site, but people want to negotiate down to less than $5 for things, and I'm just not willing to waste my time meeting with people for so little.

The ride-on stuff can totally go to charity, though.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools