Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe I forgot- update on my dad

I forgot- update on my dad

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-06-11, 01:06 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 25.31%
Default I forgot- update on my dad

Most of you know the situation-- My dad lives less than a mile from me in the same neighborhood and is not involved with my kids or me on any level. He has never met Brady, and met Matthew just once when my grandpa was dying in the hospital. Josh had been asking about him, since he does remember knowing him, and remembered how he loved football. He had been begging me to invite him to something.

I finally bit the bullet and f/b msg'ed him about his football games. I was just very to the point-- Josh is having these games, and he wants you to come. I decided that this way, it wasn't ever going to be on me that they didn't have a relationship. Although I am worried about him hurting Josh, I don't think that Josh wants this full-time grandfather, and I can't see my dad going out of his way to pursue anything with Josh, so I figured I was worrying about something that would end up being a non-issue. He is having a family vacation (with his "real" family) in FL right now but says he's going to come to Josh's game next weekend. He has msg'ed me back a couple of times, and is actually acting semi-interested in what he's doing.
I am not going to tell Joshua until the day of the game that he might be coming, but I am hopeful that his heart won't get broken.
So there's the update with that.

Old 10-06-11, 09:23 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3513.06%

Good for you. That's a brave move and for what it is worth, I'm very proud of you, Jeanne. I wouldn't be able to do that with my mother.

For Josh's sake (and for yours & your dad's), I hope he shows up to the game.

Please keep us posted!

Old 10-06-11, 09:44 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 784.49%

Old 10-06-11, 12:49 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

I totally agree. That was very brave and I too wouldn't have been able to do it either.

I hope with all my heart that whatever your Dad decides to do is for the best regarding Josh (and your) hearts.

Thanks for updating. Next up, any update on the bone marrow donation?

You alone can keep these boards busy with updates. :-)

Old 10-06-11, 02:53 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Wow....good for you Jeanne!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools