Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
I hit a bobcat....

I hit a bobcat....

Reply Post New Topic

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 10-28-09 | 12:49 PM
  • with my van this morning, I had an inspector coming to check our electrical between 10 &2 and we needed one part that the store in town didn't have so I ran to the next town over (abut 20 miles) but I only had 35 mins to be back home or risk missing the guy, so I was flying and out of no where there was a bobcat in front of me, I didn't even have time to hit the breaks. so I watched it and it went all the way off the road so I left it, Knowing I was coming back thru there in 10 mins and worrying if it was still alive and I got out of the van what might happen. when I came back thru it was gone I am bumming it would have made an awsome taxidermy mount and not something you can get too often thier arn't alot in our area. and they arn't allowed to be hunted. there isn't even a scratch on my van.
    DH went thru and found the blood spot on the shoulder of the road so we are sure it was dead, and then a semi flaged DH down and said it was a BIG cat it was as long as the hood of his work truck. and that 3 cars were stopped that is how we know someone picked it up.

Last edited by MImom23; 10-28-09 at 12:52 PM..
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 10-28-09 | 12:55 PM
  • I can't even imagine seeing one jump out in from of my car!!
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 10-28-09 | 01:01 PM
  • WOW. I'm glad your car was not damaged.
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 10-28-09 | 01:17 PM
  • I have had deer and elk in the road in front of me but never that I hit. and we have only seen 1 or 2 bobcat ever even in the woods