Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
I know you don't know this man but if you will please add him to the prayer list

I know you don't know this man but if you will please add him to the prayer list

Reply Post New Topic

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 05-12-11 | 07:39 AM
  • Rob Porterfield is his name and he has Lou Gehrigs. The video appears to be gone now but you can read about him a little here

http://www.effinghamschools.com/1065...385976&C=70627

He is our friend from church. I talked with his wife last night. He is scheduled for a stem cell transplant on July 1st but they are very concerned with how fast his disease is progressing. If his lung function is not a certain % on July 1st then he will no longer qualify for the transplant and that is about his only option left to really hope to slow this down (or cure it). He has gone from being perfectly fine last spring to basically wheelchair bound. His legs, arms, back and now his rib cage area is being affected by this disease. It's very rapid in his case and so very sad. He was able to walk his daughter down the isle last year which was one of the greatest things he says, his son will graduate from High School in a couple of weeks and has been accepted to Emery University (Medical College) and he's so grateful to know that he has accomplished so much in his young life already. Rob is a wonderful man, a great principal all the children adore him and he was head of our church's children's sunday school / church until this disease took so much out of him. He's still very positive in attitude and has a great outlook on life. Very inspiring to hear his testimony!

Anyway he really is suffering a lot, his wife is working full time still and they have a lot going on with managing Dr's. appointments, HS life of their son and all the banquets, Prom, graduation etc. If anyone needs and deserves a miracle it's Rob IMO. I would appreciate it if any of you that beleive would add h im to your Prayer list at your churches.

Last edited by savannah33; 05-12-11 at 09:47 AM..
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 05-12-11 | 09:41 AM

• I know how powerful prayer can be firsthand. I will definately pray for him.
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 05-12-11 | 11:42 AM
  • Most definitely! He sounds like an amazing man and that they are a wonderful family. It is so hard to see such good and hard working people suffer so much.

I don't understand it at all, but nothing else to do but pray for them and hope that they are given strength and faith to get through it all.

I pray he is able to have this transplant. Just the hope of stalling the disease or even curing it is wonderful and would be such a miracle.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!