Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe I need to freak out in a place I know I'm loved....

I need to freak out in a place I know I'm loved....

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-27-11, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Thanks everyone! I just meant by the title that other people might think I'm just completely selfish for even thinking about not doing it, or a small part of me wanting someone else to be the perfect match, lol. I knew you guys would understand!

Susan, that is weird about the article that popped up.

Deanna, that's awesome! Joining the registry was easy, and I was and still am so glad I did it.

Rudi- you summed up my feelings perfectly, totally freaking out but ready to do it if I'm chosen.

I heard back from someone today, and I had to fill out a health questionnaire. I'll keep you updated if I should hear anything else.

Old 09-27-11, 10:24 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3540.71%

We have all been blessed to have this gift to give selflessly to another human being. No need to shop or wrap. I think that the reward for both you and your recipient will outweigh any doubt. I actually think that if you are not chosen you will feel more of a let-down than a relief.

I bet it is like when you are not planning a pregnancy and you have no want or need to have a baby, but then you take the test and when it comes back negative you are actually sad instead of happy. Make sense?

I can completely understand freaking out and going over all of the cons in your head, I would be too. I think that many people would have those feelings. I am sure that when the time comes, if you are chosen, that you will know exactly what is right for you.
3 Users Says Thank You
3Princes (09-27-11), brandimichelle (10-07-11), savannah33 (09-28-11)

Old 09-28-11, 12:23 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolphia View Post
I totally get the freaking out. I know that you would probably be just like me - completely freaking out, and then ready to do it.
Me too.

Let us know what you do decide to do.

Old 10-06-11, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Well, I wasn't chosen (or at least I haven't heard anything.) They said you might hear right away, or not for awhile, depending on how soon the transplant is needed. Some of the people still need to go through the radiation, while others are in desperate need right away.
I am relieved but disappointed too. Interesting the way the human mind works.
Thank you 3Princes!
2babygirls (10-11-11)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools