Old 08-23-12, 02:09 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8197.14%
Cool Laundry

Tell me about your laundry regimen.

Do you have a specific laundry day? Do you do it just as needed? How do you separate your clothes? Do you use hot/cold/warm water? Bleach? Homemade detergent? Organic stuff? Do you fold everything, hang everything, or do a mix of hang/fold? Do you enlist your kids to help with the folding/putting away?

Today is laundry day for me...can you tell?

Old 08-23-12, 02:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 3563.81%

No specific day, just when the baskets are full. We have a laundry shoot at our house. Depending on how much we have we separate whites/colors, adult/child/whites, adult/child/bedclothes&towels/whites. Hot & bleach for the whites, cold for everything else. We get the really big generic detergent from Sam's. Mostly fold. Kids help a little with putting away.

Usually I'll end up starting the laundry at night before I go to bed and Leslie finishes up the following day.

Old 08-23-12, 05:11 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1830.48%

I normally do whites on thursdays, unless theres not much like today and will hold off and wash them w/ the towels on saturday along w/ the other clothes. Fridays I wash the delicates and Mondays are the girls clothes.

I was everything in cold, but really need to wash underwear and sheets in hot water. I use store bought liquid detergant. Occasionally the whites will get bleach in the wash, but not everyweek.

Old 08-23-12, 07:33 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 8197.14%

I start the laundry on Thursday and try to get it all done that day so I don't have to do it through the weekend. I have three basic divisions of laundry: grown-up colors, kids' colors, and whites. Sometimes each of those is two loads (except the whites--it's usually just one).

I wash all clothes in cold since I have read several research articles showing that there is no difference in the cleanliness of clothes washed in warm/hot versus clothes washed in cold. So I save money in water-heating costs by washing everything in cold. We use Gain detergent (because we're snobby about the scent ) but we use generic bleach and dryer sheets.

When the clothes come out of the dryer, socks, undies, and pajamas get thrown into a basket to be taken upstairs and folded while I watch TV. Any shorts/pants get folded and put into piles according to wearer and end up in the basket to go upstairs, too. The shirts/dresses/dress pants for DH to wear to work are hung on hangers and those are hung on the clothes rack in the laundry room. When the rack gets full, everyone goes does downstairs and gets their respective sections to carry to their closets (except Alex--one of the girls usually does his since he's three). Then I fold the basket in the family room and call the girls to get their pile and put it away. I usually put away DH's and mine. (DH's dresser makes me it's such a mess! )

I wash the bed sheets every other Friday (I can't believe I just admitted that since there are some here who use clean bed sheets every night!). We only have one set of sheets for our bed so I have to wash them and put them back on same-day and I just can't find the time to do that more often than every other Friday.

Man, just explaining all of that makes me tired. Now I'm staring at two baskets of stuff that needs folding. Maybe it can wait untill tomorrow..............

Old 08-23-12, 07:49 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 4720.95%

Everyday! Crazy laundry around here. My daughter and I do most of the washing, drying and folding, but everyone brings their own to and from the laundry room. Everyone usually puts their own away as well. I have laundry control issues.

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools