Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe >
Need your opinion

Need your opinion

Reply Post New Topic

• Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 05-06-11 | 11:35 PM
  • OK I think most of you know this but for those that dont I will give a very brief update. Basically, my ex husband molested my 16 year old and is currently in jail awaiting sentencing. We were all asked to write a letter to the judge letting him know what we think of the whole thing and how long we want him to get. Somehow, they made a deal with my ex that if he pleaded guilty to all 8 charges, he would be given 16 years 8 months which is not a lot considering what some of the charges were. Anyway, my daughter wrote a letter explaining how she felt as did I. I would like to post them here and have you all read them and tell me what you think but wasnt sure if it is appropriate. So I would like your opinions on if you think I should post them or not. TIA
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 05-07-11 | 07:33 AM
  • I wouldn't post them here because I would be worried someone would find them who is close to the situation. You have your name posted as well as pics of your kids, so that makes it possible for someone to put together who the letters are from. If you are ok with that and your daughter is too, then I say post away! Or you could post them and edit them out after a day or so of help.
    If you would like, you can pm them to a few people who offer help and get advice that way. I would help that way if you decide not to post them publicly.

Good luck with all of this. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you and your family.
  • Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 05-07-11 | 08:18 AM
  • Very good point. So let's do it this way. If u want to see the letters to help me out, post here and I will PM you. The only stipulation is you have to be a member that I know and has been around awhile. Sorry new members but I just don't know if his family would try to make a phony account because he knew I was pretty active here. TIA
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 05-07-11 | 08:20 AM

• Feel free to PM me too if you decide not to post publicly. I hope your daughter is doing ok. Will your ex have to be put on the sex offender register when he is released? If so at least the risk of him doing this again will be minimized.
  • Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 05-07-11 | 08:27 AM
  • Yeah he will. I will pm the letters later on today. Thanks ladies