Baby Corner

Old 05-06-11, 11:35 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 78.46%
Default Need your opinion

OK I think most of you know this but for those that dont I will give a very brief update. Basically, my ex husband molested my 16 year old and is currently in jail awaiting sentencing. We were all asked to write a letter to the judge letting him know what we think of the whole thing and how long we want him to get. Somehow, they made a deal with my ex that if he pleaded guilty to all 8 charges, he would be given 16 years 8 months which is not a lot considering what some of the charges were. Anyway, my daughter wrote a letter explaining how she felt as did I. I would like to post them here and have you all read them and tell me what you think but wasnt sure if it is appropriate. So I would like your opinions on if you think I should post them or not. TIA

Old 05-07-11, 07:33 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

I wouldn't post them here because I would be worried someone would find them who is close to the situation. You have your name posted as well as pics of your kids, so that makes it possible for someone to put together who the letters are from. If you are ok with that and your daughter is too, then I say post away! Or you could post them and edit them out after a day or so of help.
If you would like, you can pm them to a few people who offer help and get advice that way. I would help that way if you decide not to post them publicly.

Good luck with all of this. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you and your family.

Old 05-07-11, 08:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 78.46%

Very good point. So let's do it this way. If u want to see the letters to help me out, post here and I will PM you. The only stipulation is you have to be a member that I know and has been around awhile. Sorry new members but I just don't know if his family would try to make a phony account because he knew I was pretty active here. TIA

Old 05-07-11, 08:20 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1278.46%

Feel free to PM me too if you decide not to post publicly. I hope your daughter is doing ok. Will your ex have to be put on the sex offender register when he is released? If so at least the risk of him doing this again will be minimized.

Old 05-07-11, 08:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 78.46%

Yeah he will. I will pm the letters later on today. Thanks ladies
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools