Baby Corner

Old 09-03-11, 02:15 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New washer dryer

We knew it would happen soon, but our washer and dryer have not been working very well lately. The dryer never dries clothes in one cycle (and yes we took apart the vents and cleaned them) and the washer doesn't spin out all the way anymore. We have not been able to change the dryer temp setting in 3 years - and we don't even know which temp it is set on! We also can't do any delicate wash loads as that cycle stopped working last year.
Dh and i looked today and he and his dad went back out after we did a ton of measuring and made diagrams of the small space we have to work with. Dh and his dad found a better set than we were looking at for less money and there is even a $250 state rebate for energy efficient washers! Yay! In a week i will have a brand new washer and dryer- instead of the junk ones that were already here when I moved in 7 years ago! Now i just have to use all my detergent before the new ones come- the washer is he so I need all new. Luckily the ones I have are almost gone anyway!

Old 09-03-11, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Congrats! I loved my new washer and dryer.
Thank you 3Princes!
teddybear1082 (09-03-11)

Old 09-03-11, 09:36 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

That is awesome!! Enjoy the new laundry system! I know we lucked out in our move as our rental has the newer washer and dryer. You will love them. They are so quiet and use so little water. The only thing I dislike is that the wash time seems longer than before. I think it must have something to do with using less water. Either way, it is a minor thing compared to all the benefits.

The dryer is the best as they really sense the wetness, so again no wasted energy and time.

Enjoy your new set!!
Thank you Patience!
teddybear1082 (09-04-11)

Old 09-04-11, 08:35 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1372.86%

Yay! Thats great!
Thank you DanieH!
teddybear1082 (09-05-11)

Old 09-05-11, 07:44 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 3540.71%

I can't even tell you how much I love my new washer and dryer. I would sleep in my laundryroom if I would not likely be commiteed for that behavior. lol Congrats on your new set.
Thank you Chickie!
teddybear1082 (09-05-11)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools