Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parent to Parent > Corner Cafe One more thing we were lied to about

One more thing we were lied to about

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-23-04, 03:43 PM
Computer Geek & Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default One more thing we were lied to about

OK, so I already knew that cows' milk isn't the wonder food that the agricultural industry wants us to believe, and that disposable diapers are full of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals, but fluoride? I grew up being told that fluoride was the magic bullet for tooth decay, and it turns out that was a lie too and not only is it not that great for your teeth, it's a neurotoxin, an asthma trigger and causes a whole host of other health problems, AND they put it in our water on purpose!?

Trying to protect my DD from things that might set her up for a lifetime's battle with asthma and other health problems is turning into a very depressing education.

So, thanks to a bunch of long dead dentists I just had to blow the better part of $300 on a water filter that should render NYC tap water safe to drink. Probably just as well, it'll clear out a lot more nasties than just the fluoride.

Do you ever feel like a mushroom? They keep you in the dark and feed you s***.

Old 09-23-04, 03:52 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Seems like no matter who you talk to or hear info from there is always the opposite opinion out there and you can drive yourself crazy listening to it all! For every positive report there will be one negative report!

Old 09-24-04, 07:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

No fluoride in our water, but it is in our toothpastes. And they still do fluoride treatments at the dentist office.

Old 09-24-04, 08:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 2%

I raised two kids that are now 15 and 12 on tap water (with fluoride) and they are just fine not a trace of asthma or any other sickness

Old 09-24-04, 09:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Where did you find the source for your information? Not discrediting it, but my dentist also still uses flouride treatments and it is in toothpaste. On top of all that I do a lot of research on many things but have yet to find anything linking flouride to asthma? I think you can thank asthma on people that smoke around their children, air quality and allergies, but flouride?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools